Reflections on Another Year as a Pen Clerk - 2015
It's the end of 2015, and wud'ja believe it, we're still here. And I'm still rambling. Here are my top five craziest moments of this past year:
- When we'd moved all of our stuff from the old shop, and our contractor stood there trying to stick a piece of rebar between units, and told us that the units don't connect. (They do, he was just sawing in the wrong spot. Thanks for that heart attack, Nick.)
- When Caleb totalled my Parker Lucky Curve nib. There were tears, and they were all mine as Caleb gleefully ran off to destroy something else. The pen is now back with patron saint of pens, Jeffry.
- My first day with the Hobonichi (December 16), and Caleb dropping a glob of butter on my leather cover.
- Caleb dropping & breaking a bottle of Noodler's Shah's Rose (pre-plastic bottle era), and flinging it across the packing area.
- That first night here in the new shop and apartment, with pizza and cracking open one of the last bottles of champagne from our wedding.
- Making soup. Bone broth in the winter and cool soups for the summer. Getting a soup pot.
- Swimming lessons for the little fish. Apparently it's hard to get into city classes, so we might have to go old-school, with Jon in his trunks.
- Write more. Write more slowly.